It is no accident or stroke of luck that Butler Wooten & Peak LLP has consistently obtained significant results for our clients. For more than 20 years, we have developed a start-to-finish strategy to maximize recovery. At each stage of litigation, we have learned how to deploy our expertise, resources and diligence to best serve our clients.
- Defendants and insurance companies know us and know our reputation. They know we have the ability, experience, and resources to obtain the best possible result for our clients, and they fear that.
- Gathering evidence first : After an accident occurs, it is often critical to gather key evidence as soon as possible. Time is of the essence. From the first day we take a case, we have the resources available to gather such evidence immediately. Our dedicated staff of attorneys, paralegals and investigators will find and interview witnesses, gather and preserve tangible evidence (including wrecked vehicles), and fully investigate the scene. We even have a flight department available to ensure that all evidence is gathered, even if the accident took place hours from our offices.
- Finding all responsible defendants and available insurance coverage: Our staff of attorneys is experienced at analyzing the facts and circumstances of a particular case to find all potential defendants who may be held liable or who may have insurance coverage that provides benefits to you. This is often of critical importance in cases involving catastrophic and permanent injuries, where the "obvious" defendants may not have sufficient coverage to compensate for the injuries.
- Successful litigation against large defendants: Once the evidence is gathered and the defendants are identified, we are prepared to file suit. Our experience in litigating against large corporate defendants and large insurance companies is unmatched by anyone, anywhere. We have the resources available to ensure that these defendants will not be able to use their size to avoid justice by overwhelming the plaintiff.
- Obtaining key evidence through discovery: In any large case involving catastrophic injuries, the most explosive evidence is usually found in the defendants' own files. Defendants' documents may show that they knew or should have known that people would be injured as a result of their acts or omissions. However, defendants rarely produce that information to their opponents without a judge ordering them to. Butler Wooten & Peak LLP has revolutionized the litigation of large cases in America by steadfastly challenging defendants who refuse to produce key evidence in discovery. No plaintiffs' firm in America has more experience fighting and winning discovery battles than we do.
- Preparation for trial: Butler Wooten & Peak LLP excels in trial preparation. We do the hard work to gather all important evidence for trial. We have the experience necessary to evaluate that evidence and determine which evidence is most helpful for your case. Finally, we have the resources necessary to prepare a case that is compelling to a jury, including retaining eminently qualified experts. The nation's leading experts are proud to work with Butler Wooten & Peak LLP; that cannot be said about all law firms.
- Success at trial: Once all of that work has been completed, it is time for trial. Our lawyers have extensive trial experience, and they know how to present your case to a jury. A trial is a strategic endeavor, and our lawyers know how to tell your story in a way that will be compelling to the jury, while avoiding any attempts by the defendants to reduce your recovery.
From the day we take your case to the day it is settled or the jury completes its deliberations, Butler Wooten & Peak LLP has the experience, resources and attitude to provide you with the best representation possible. It is this start-to-finish approach that has allowed us to achieve record results for our clients.