Business Tort Litigation Lawyers
Corporate counsel and small business owners entering into litigation need to be able to predict and control costs. At Butler Wooten Cheeley & Peak LLP, our attorneys understand this, and we are prepared to partner with business clients to deliver high-value, low-risk representation through the use of creative fee arrangements.
Our Georgia business tort attorneys have an established record of success. Among other results, we currently hold the national record for the largest business tort verdict ever awarded by a jury, affirmed on appeal, and paid in full with interest, totaling more than $640 million.
We are trial lawyers, not just litigators. We have set the record for the highest verdict in Georgia history on four separate occasions - in four different types of cases. That is important. If you or your company face a "bet the company" situation, where righting the wrong done is absolutely critical, you need more than a business litigator. You need a trial lawyer with the experience and knowledge to take your business case to a jury and win.
Leading-Edge Representation for Businesses and Investors
If your business has suffered or has been placed at unnecessary risk because of another business or individual's reckless, careless or intentional misconduct, you need a team of experienced trial lawyers to advance and protect your interests. Our attorneys assist clients with claims like the following:
- Breach of fiduciary dutyor breach of trust : If you have been wronged by a business partner, joint venturer, trustee, administrator, advisor or other party that owes you a fiduciary duty, we can help.
- Fraud and conversion: Our experienced lawyers help clients pursue claims against businesses that have defrauded them and misappropriated their assets.
- Breach of contract: Contract disputes can evolve into extraordinarily complex litigation. Our attorneys have the resources and insights to handle these cases. We have the experience actually trying contract claims to juries, which is necessary to prepare these complex cases, make a compelling presentation and win in front of a jury.
- Racketeering (RICO): If multiple businesses have acted together to take actions that harm your business, we may be able to help you pursue a racketeering claim.
- Tortious interference: If another business has interfered with your contractual relationships or business relationships, you may have a tortious interference claim.
- Whistleblower cases: Our attorneys help whistleblowers pursue qui tam actions against contractors and other companies that have defrauded the government.
Our firm has the resources to work on a contingency basis on even the largest cases, eliminating the burden of high hourly rates and massive monthly bills. We are dedicated to helping clients protect their businesses and investments. Don't hesitate to contact us today.