Consumer Protection Class Action Lawsuit Attorneys
A class action is a lawsuit brought on behalf of an entire group of people who are harmed in a similar way by the same person or company. A class action lawsuit can be brought on a nationwide or statewide basis depending on the specific facts of the case. Class actions are some of the most powerful tools consumers have to level the playing field with large corporations who have unfortunately sought to take advantage of consumers, customers or employees.
Some class action law firms rake in big fees by settling with defendants while the people they supposedly represent end up with worthless coupons. That is not how we handle class action cases. At Butler Wooten Cheeley & Peak LLP, our Georgia class action attorneys take the same approach as we do to all other types of cases: We put in the hard work and preparation to obtain real money damages for class members who have been wronged. In the last three years alone we have recovered in excess of $225 million in actual benefits for class members. Each class member got a check, not a coupon.
Experienced Class Action Law Firm Dedicated to Meaningful Results
Before you choose a law firm to handle your class action claim, you should ask what it has done and what kind of results it has gotten in the past. Our firm has an impressive track record of substantial results in class action cases. Our practice areas include the following:
- Consumer class actions: We represent consumers who have lost money or otherwise been harmed by unfair, deceptive and misleading business practices. These claims include excessive or unfair charges and breaches of contract.
- Insurance fraud class actions: If you have been overcharged for insurance or otherwise defrauded or misled by an insurance company, the same may have happened to others. We can help. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars from insurance companies that have attempted to harm their insureds.
- Securities and antitrust class actions: We handle class action claims over complex business issues such as securities fraud and antitrust violations.
- Predatory lending and mortgage fraud class actions: Our firm represents classes of clients who have been the subject of predatory lending practices.
- Breach-of-contract class actions: Our attorneys hold businesses accountable for breaching contracts they have entered into with their customers and investors.
In most class action lawsuits, a lead class representative initiates the claim on behalf of the entire class. At the successful conclusion of the suit, the lead class representative is usually entitled to an incentive award for taking the initiative to act on behalf of others. This amount can be substantial.
To discuss whether you have a claim and, if so, whether it can be brought as a class action lawsuit, contact us today for a free case evaluation. We also accept and encourage referrals from other lawyers and have a history of generating more than $150 million in fees to referring attorneys.