Butler Wooten & Peak LLP Setting the Standard for Legal Success In America
Few law firms in America, and none in Georgia or the Southeast, can match the outstanding record of success achieved by Butler Wooten & Peak LLP in the past 30 years. Whether personal injury or business tort, the firm has set new records for verdicts awarded, affirmed and collected.
Butler Wooten & Peak LLP has battled some of the largest corporations in the world, and won. No firm in America has done more to benefit people who have been injured because of the greed, carelessness or negligence of large companies or other people. No firm in America has a better verdict or settlement record.
The firm has virtually reinvented how product liability and automobile defect claims are litigated. Key to obtaining decisive victories in these cases is forcing negligent companies to share information that establishes their liability. Butler Wooten & Peak LLP has done just that, and gotten the courts to sanction companies that hid evidence or provided false information.
Record-Setting Settlements and Verdicts
Butler Wooten & Peak LLP sets records, including the largest collected judgment in the United States.
- Well over $100 million in attorneys fees to referring lawyers
- Set the record four times for Georgia's largest jury verdict
- Largest jury verdict in a contested case in Georgia
- Largest compensatory damages verdict in Georgia
- Largest business tort verdict ever affirmed and paid in full in U.S. ($639 million)
- Largest wrongful death verdict in Tennessee ($105.5 million)
- Largest Georgia settlement in environmental class action ($25 million)
- Largest settlement in U.S. history in a case involving an above-the-knee amputation ($11 million)
- 49 verdicts and settlements over $10 million and 176 verdicts and settlements over $1 million
- 5 verdicts well over $100 million
- 7 verdicts between $10 million and $90 million
- 11 verdicts between $1 million and $8 million
- Over $400 million in class action settlements
Millions of Dollars for Injury Victims
Our attorneys have recovered many millions of dollars for people who have suffered serious personal injuries and wrongful death claims, and for families whose loved ones died because of medical malpractice, car accidents, nursing home abuse or poorly maintained properties. The firm is actively involved in consumer rights, whistleblower claims, class action litigation and environmental claims.
Butler Wooten & Peak LLP also has a high degree of expertise in business torts, particularly the areas of fraud and conversions, breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference. In fact, the largest collected judgment in the United States was a business tort case litigated by Butler Wooten & Peak LLP.
Contact us online or call us toll free at 800-213-5343 for a free consultation to discuss your legal options with one of our nationally recognized lawyers.
Verdicts and Settlements by Practice Areas
- All Firm Results
- Top Ten Verdicts & Settements
- Personal Injury / Wrongful Death Cases
- Negligence / Tort Cases
- Car Accident Cases
- Truck Accident Cases
- Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Railroad Accident Cases
- Medical Malpractice Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Product Liability Cases
- Dangerous / Defective Drugs Cases
- Workplace Accident Cases
- Insurance Coverage / Bad Faith Cases
- Class Action Cases
- Civil Rights, Discrimination & Harassment Cases
- Business Tort Cases
- Toxic Tort / Environmental Law Cases
- Butler Wooten & Peak LLP just reached a settlement with several defendants in a wrongful death case proceeding in Dougherty County, Georgia
- Whistleblower / False Claims
- Automobile Defect Cases
- Detailed Results List